«Fueling your logistics chain»
«Go beyond logistics, make the world go round and revolution business»
«Taking action, getting results»
«Logistics through innovation, dedication, and technology»
«Possibility in every direction»
«Ready, set, done»
«Special handling. Extra service»
«Thinking the way forward»
«Your navigator in the world of trade»
«Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other»
«Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality»
«Power beyond cargo»
«All time management begins with planning»
«Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things»
«Leading and inspiring people»
«Leadership is thinking and talking about the solutions»
«Streamlining your supply chain»
«Business acceleration through digital communication»
PC maintenance and toolbox
Computer systems, like any other device, need maintenance. Computer maintenance is generally different from vehicles, appliances and others, mainly because you have to maintain not only the hardware but also the software that you use on your computer.
In my opinion, following list shows some of the most useful softwares for computer maintenance and files protection.
For more information, suggestions, opinions, please feel free to contact me by clicking here.
DropBox is a free service that lets you bring all your docs,hotos and videos anywhere. Any file you save to your Dropbox will also automatically save to all your computers, phones, and even the DropBox website. This means that you can start working on your computer at the office, and finish on your home computer. Never email yourself a file again.
DropBox also makes it super easy to share with others. Even if your laptop accidentally gets broken, have no fear. You can relax knowing that DropBox always has you covered, and none of your stuff will ever be lost.
After you install DropBox on your computer, a DropBox folder is created. This folder is just like any other folder on your computer, but with a twist. Any file you save to your DropBox folder is also saved to all your other computers, phones, and the DropBox website.
The DropBox client enables users to drop any file into a designated folder that is then synced with DropBox's Internet service and to any other of the user's computers and devices with the DropBox client.
While DropBox functions as a storage service, its focus is on synchronization and sharing. It supports revision history, so files deleted from the DropBox folder may be recovered from any of the synced computers.
Try dragging some docs or photos into your DropBox. Then visit the DropBox website at https://www.dropbox.com. When you log in, your files will be waiting for you.
To learn more about DropBox, take the tour at https://www.dropbox.com/tour or visit the help center at https://www.dropbox.com/help.
CCleaner is a system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing the system to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of online activities such as Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. It is fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains no Spyware or Adware.
CCleaner, developed by Piriform, is a utility program used to clean potentially unwanted files and invalid Windows Registry entries from a computer.
CCleaner supports the cleaning of temporary or potentially unwanted files left by certain programs, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, Mcafee, Adobe Flash Player, Sun Java, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip, GIMP and other applications along with browsing history, cookies, Recycle bin, memory dumps, file fragments, log files, system caches, application data, autocomplete form history, and various other data.
The program also includes a registry cleaner to locate and correct problems in the Windows registry, such as missing references to shared DLLs, unused registration entries for file extensions, and missing references application paths.
CCleaner is already used by many large and small companies all over the world. Including many government and military establishments. It is not possible to install new applications unless you are an administrator
Downloading CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download.
It is known that disk fragment has been a primary cause of slow and unstable PC performance.
SmartDefrag is such a free tool that provides extremely fast and efficient defragmentation to your hard drives intelligently for faster file loading and high disk performance.
With "install it and forget it" feature, SmartDefrag works automatically and quietly in the background on your PC, keeping your hard disk running at its top speed.
SmartDefrag doesn't just provide simple defragmentation. It also streamlines your file system, places the frequently used files and directories into the fastest area of the disk, enabling your computer to run at top speed with the most stability.
SmartDefrag is using a new "Boot Time Defrag" technology which allows you to defrag files during the system boot process, while these files cannot be defragged or are not safe to move after the system is already boot-up.
This powerful, award-winning free defragmenter is 100% safe and clean with no adware, spyware, or viruses.
Downloading SmartDefrag: https://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html.
DustBuster is a recycle bin removing tool for Windows operating systems.
It searches for junk files and temp files that are of no use and are just taking space on your hard drive. Based on a "fuzzy logic" scanning technology, DustBuster cleans over 1500 different types of useless temp files and directories in a single click, detecting and deleting all these unneeded files automatically. This will increase hard disk space on Windows. The integrated SensibleScan search engine does not interfere with system files or installed applications: it gives you the freedom to clean up disk space simply and securely in no time, enhancing your system's performance, so you can focus on what's really important to you.
DustBuster analyzes in full automatic mode the content of your hard drive and finds and deletes a wide range of files while safeguarding the integrity of the operating system and the installed applications. No configuration is required as DustBuster is developed for reducing the interaction with the user.
A few applications are not compatible with the full automatic cleaning performed by DustBuster. There are known issues with: Paint Shop Pro, Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, Alpha CG, AOL, Microsoft AutoRoute. Please make sure you are not using any of these programs.
DustBuster should not be installed on critical systems: authors accept no responsibility for damages caused as results of use of this software. The SensibleScan technology is under development and must be considered experimental. A complete backup of the hard drive should be recommended if you are trying automatic cleaning for the first time.
Downloading DustBuster: https://www.brothersoft.com/dustbuster-download-27624-s1.html.
Gobby is a free collaborative editor supporting multiple documents in one session and a multi-user chat. It runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other Unix-like platforms.
- Realtime collaboration through encrypted channels (version 0.4.0 and up);
- Provides local group undo (version 0.4.90 and up);
- Shows cursors and selections of remote users (version 0.4.94 and up);
- Each user has its own changeable colour to be identified by others;
- IRC-like chat for communicating with your partners while coding;
- Syntax highlighting for most programming languages;
- Session password protection;
- Multiple documents in one session;
- Drag'n'drop of documents into Gobby;
- Document synchronisation on request;
- Zeroconf support;
- Unicode support;
- Cross-platform: runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and other flavours of UN*X.
- Gobby is free software and licenced under the GPL 2.
Downloading Gobby: https://gobby.github.io/.
- Keep all of your working files in one folder. The "My Documents" folder is offered by Windows expressly for this purpose.
The benefits of keeping all your files in one place are multiple:
- you know where all your files are;
- it is easy to back them all up at once;
- your machine will run faster.
- Don't put your personal files on the root of the "C:\" drive. If you store a large number of files in the root folder, you could corrupt your disk file table which could lead to a "NTLDR is missing" error message when you boot the computer. If you have personal files on the "C:\" drive now, move them to the "My Documents" folder.
- Uninstall programs that you are not using. But don't just delete the program. Remove it correctly so you will not cause Windows errors. Go to "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Add or Remove Programs". Find the program you want to remove in the list, and click the "Remove" button.
- If you download a .zip file and expand it, delete the original .zip file when you are done.
- Store your hardware drivers and purchased software installer files off your hard drive. A flash drive works great for this purpose.
- If you aren't already using one, get a good surge protector and plug your computer and peripherals into it.
- Practice safe computing. Don't accept software or downloads for which you didn't ask. Delete any suspicious email without opening it. And even if the email came from your best friend, don't open any email attachments with the following extensions: .exe, .com, .vbs, .bat, .mdb, .reg, and .js.